Off-site Tape Storage
Preserve your critical business data and protect private information from theft by storing it in our off-site media vaults.
With Vital Records Control, your magnetic tapes, backups, x-rays, microfiche, film and photos are secure, tracked, protected from the elements, and accessible whenever you need it.
Storing film, video and tape backups improperly can lead to deterioration from environmental and human factors like sun damage, temperature changes and improper handling.
To protect your valuable assets, we’ve designed our vaults to exceed regulatory and IRS storage guidelines.
- Seismic Rated Structures
Our vaults are built with 30” concrete walls and eight layers of steel to withstand natural disasters.
- Precision Climate and Humidity Control
Our facilities have year-round climate and humidity controls to keep your records in mint condition.
- Fire Suppression
Each facility exceeds industry fire protection standards, and is equipped with a halon dry-fire suppression system.
- Regulatory Compliance
Our facilities meet HIPPA, SOX and FACTA compliance requirements. VRC is one of the only PCI-certified data storage companies in the country.
Each of our facilities uses advanced security measures to protect your invaluable physical assets, including:
- Trained and bonded staff
- Strategically placed video cameras that provide a full overview of our storage areas and their contents, 24 hours a day
- Smoke and water detectors
- Rigorous access controls
We make it easy to access your stored records whenever you need them.
- Flexible Pickup and Delivery
We’ll pick up your media from your facility using secure GPS-tracked vehicles, deliver them to our storage are and return them when requested.
- Onsite Viewing Options
View documents at our storage facilities when you need to (including 24-hour emergency requests).
- Digital Retrieval
We offer scan-on-demand services to let you receive records digitally.
Barcoded Tracking System
Each box containing your media is labeled with a barcode that follows it throughout its lifecycle so your records can be found quickly and easily.
The tracking system lets you:
- Find and track records remotely using VaultWeb, our online inventory control portal.
- Ensure chain of custody processes while your information is in transit
- Track your inventory in real time with an auditable trail of each point of contact with time stamps and signature receipts
Online Inventory Management
Monitor you inventory at all times with our online inventory control portal, VaultWeb. Its features include:
- Specialized reporting, including storage, activity and destruction reports
- Guaranteed daily backup
- Ordering capabilities for scanning and destruction services
- Enterprise level infrastructure
- Advanced encryption technology
- 24/7/365 customer support