Handling medical records processing (or Release of Information) at your practice can be daunting. Release of Information takes up valuable staff time, and it can be difficult to keep up with constantly changing regulations.
We can help. Our medical records specialists process more than one million pages of medical records each month for thousands of medical providers across the country. Our ROI services are HIPAA compliant, and we have a HITRUST certification that demonstrates our commitment to protecting your patients’ healthcare data.
When you work with VRC, you’ll be assigned a trained medical records specialist who understands the intricacies of ROI requirements and systems. They’ll work with you throughout the ROI process to make sure your needs are met.
All of our medical records specialists are:
- Vetted and subjected to background checks
- Certified HIPAA Security Professionals (CHSP)
- Required to attend a minimum of two continuing education workshops each year to expand their skills and stay up to date on changing regulations.
How It Works
We apply stringent security measures every step of the ROI process. Here’s how it works:
- Patient medical record requests are delivered to our secure, confidential platform.
- Requests are entered into our system for actual turnaround times and status updates.
- Requests are accessed by digital dashboard at one of our ROI processing centers.
- Authorizations are validated for HIPAA compliance.
- Our certified HIPAA security professionals process the records.
- Records are checked for accuracy by our quality control team.
- Requestors are notified and required to answer security questions before downloading records.