Vital Records Control Washington DC provides medical records management solutions to help healthcare providers in the DC area improve processes and manage health care information efficiently through its entire lifecycle.
For more than 30 years, we’ve offered document management services nationwide. We specialize in medical records scanning and storage for Protected Health Information (PHI). We also offer document destruction to destroy patient information securely.
As one of DC’s leading medical records storage companies, we take information protection seriously. Our health information management services are created to comply with the Healthcare Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) to reduce liability for your medical office and covered entities.
Offsite Medical Records Storage Washington DC
Vital Records Control Washington DC stores a range of medical information, including patient charts, paper records, radiology films, X-rays, pathology slides, and more at our medical records storage center.
We offer HIPAA-compliant solutions that meet storage requirements for medical records. Your data is tracked using barcode technology throughout its entire lifecycle.
And, we can assist your hospital or clinic by storing medical files and providing document retrieval services. We offer same-day, next-day, and rush pickups and deliveries.
With our secure storage solutions, you’ll be able to:
- Save valuable space in your facility that can be used for patient care.
- Securely store records offsite in climate-controlled facilities with live monitoring, 24/7.
- Leverage VitalWeb, our document storage system, to manage your medical inventory, run reports, request retrievals, order scan-on-demand, and destruction services, and monitor retention schedules.
Film and Data Storage
With Vital Records Control Washington DC, you can be assured that your confidential information is protected from identity theft. We store your healthcare data, film, tapes, external hard drives, and electronic records offsite in media vaults and allow you to retrieve it when you need it.
If the unforeseen occurs, we can help you get your hospital back up and running by storing hard copies of your critical data.
With Vital Records Control, you can:
- Store electronic records offsite and protect them from floods, fire, earthquakes, or humanmade disasters.
- Leverage VaultWeb, our online data management software, to track, manage, and locate your electronic records online.
- Gain confidence knowing your confidential information is protected offsite according to HIPAA compliant storage requirements.
- Order HIPAA compliant cloud backup services for business continuity.
Medical Records Scanning Services Washington DC
Vital Records Control offers electronic records management solutions for converting hardcopy patient charts to digital formats as your facility implements its EMR system.
Our digital scanning technicians migrate thousands of legacy patient records, X-rays, radiology films, and other PHI to electronic formats. We also perform optical character recognition (OCR) services to make your files text-searchable and easy-to-find.
On request, we can retrieve your stored files from our records storage facilities and scan them for release to authorized parties.
With Vital Records Control’s document scanning services, you can:
- Order imaging services for information stored in our records storage centers.
- Process medical records exchange requests quickly and efficiently.
- Reduce the cost to scan medical records in-house.
Medical Records Shredding Washington DC
Healthcare providers are constant victims of data breaches. Because of the dependence on paper processes, including the processing of patient charts, insurance forms, invoices, and more, healthcare organizations must ensure their information is destroyed correctly for HIPAA compliance.
Additionally, any electronic medical equipment containing PHI must also be destroyed securely.
With Vital Records Control, your practice can trust your sensitive data is destroyed correctly according to HIPAA disposal guidelines.
We help you:
- Shred patient files, X-rays, films, and other PHI with a secure, compliant process that includes an auditable chain of custody.
- Design a secure destruction program, including onsite and offsite shredding, to meet your healthcare entity’s needs, document retention requirements, and budget.
- Receive a certificate of destruction to confirm your commitment to HIPAA compliant destruction.
Get Quotes on Medical Record Management Services in the DC Area
See how our organization-wide solutions can help you protect your information and streamline processes. Reach out to us at (703) 706-5700 or fill out the form to the right for a free quote today.
Learn more about health information management solutions, including release of information, custodial solutions, and patient form completion services available to you in Washington DC.